We are excited to present Guerilla by Spanish collective El Conde de Torrefiel, one of the most vital companies working in Europe today. They need volunteers to be part of their incredible performance.
If you are interested in participating in Guerrilla, please complete the online form here.
We are looking for people aged 18 - 45, with no performance experience necessary:
- Perhaps you clubbed at The Arches and want to dance one last time in celebration?
- Perhaps you are interested in the process of one of Europe's most exciting theatre makers?
- Perhaps you are thrilled at the prospect of performing on Tramway's renowned main stage?
- Perhaps recent cultural and political events have made you feel helpless, and youíd like to take part in a performance that considers where we have come from and where we might be going?
- Perhaps you are experienced in dance, yoga, pilates or Tai Chi and would like to perform a choreography?
- Perhaps you want to meet new people and be involved in an era-defining, cultural moment?
Whatever your reasons, we would love to hear from you.
GUERRILLA is an interactive performance in three acts. Your stories will inspire what unfolds on stage and give witness to an awakening from the oppression of daily life. GUERRILLA is staged in three parts and there are various options to be involved:
- ELECTRONIC/RAVE SECTION: No stage experience is required, you just need to like dancing to techno.
- TAI-CHI CLASS: We need 7 women aged 25-35 with skills in dance or other body/movement disciplines or with a daily training in yoga/tai-chi/pilates.
- THE CONFERENCE: Theatre skills are welcome but not strictly necessary.
View a trailer of a previous performance of Guerrilla here:
*PLEASE BE AWARE THERE IS FLASHING IMAGERY IN THIS VIDEO*
If you are interested in being involved you should be available for rehearsals on
Tue 21 Feb and Wed 22 Feb between 7-9pm. (Tai Chi and Conference scenes only)
Thu 23 Feb for the Dress Rehearsal - 3pm-6pm (All scenes)
GUERRILLA will be performed on Fri 24 & Sat 25 Feb in Tramway 1.